Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Taste of Failure

I got a mediocre grade for a test I really studied my ass off for. I could quote most of the source material off by heart and had re-listened to about 7 hours worth of lectures for it prior to the test, as well as hours of studying. It's really not pleasant getting an unfortunate grade for what I thought I was trying my best on. I feel so useless and I'm so close to giving everything up.

It was like the worst case scenario, it was like a dream and I wished to wake up and everything would be okay. It was that moment, and when it came to it, I got that terrible sinking feeling and I just felt so... worthless.

I've never had this happen to me really; sometimes, yes, I didn't get a grade that I wanted but usually this was my fault, but this time, I felt that I had tried, really tried for once. I know I should say I learnt from my mistake and it just motivated me more to try harder for next time! but I am honestly so discouraged I don't know what to do. So I cried. I cried a lot, and I've pretty much cried every hour this weekend. I'm a mess of tears and snot and there are tissues everywhere and empty toilet rolls. I've cried during every meal (where I quietly excused myself and went to the hallway) I've cried during conversations, I've cried during reciting notes, I've cried staring at my parents, I've cried marking past test papers. 

I guess I just don't know what to do. But I hope soon I'll figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment