Friday, June 7, 2013

Things That are Pink + I Want to Make a Zine






I think I am going to make a zine these holidays. I want to concentrate all my creative energy into a project, and I think I'll upload the pages here (as well as physical properties if possible). I already have a couple ideas and it will be really interesting to play around with an aesthetic every time as well as continually being inspired.

From Urban dictionary:

1.zine

"Zine" is short for fanzine. For all intensive purposes, a zine is a cheaply-made, cheaply-priced publication, often in black and white, which is mass-produced via photocopier and bound with staples. 
To get a better idea here's the Fanzine Tumblog or a great article by the New York Times that captures the essence of zines really well

And also think I'll visit the fanzine library at Auckland City Libraries (they have one apparently) when I have time and kinda excited.

Pink things explained

  1. Wooden heart beads from the $2 dollar to make kitsch friendship bracelets spelling out 'zine' just cuz little things spelling bigger things are modestly interesting.
  2. Pink Flowers I took photos of while riding my bike (literally riding with one hand, and the camera in the other) for stress relief.
  3. Plastic tiara and Frankie Magazine
  4. Laffy Taffy that Calvin got me for a study snack (DAYUM THESE ARE GOOD?) and he is so sweet argh.
  5. Note I left to the next owner of my Spray on Paradise Ksubi jeans! (They weren't getting much wear because slightly too small and getting a pretty good price for them)
Also, gave my credit card to Orchard. But expecting 3 more parcels from various lapses of judgement and pre-orders.


That is all, stay golden my lovelies

N

2 comments:

  1. The fanzine project sounds like such a good idea! :D I can't wait to see the finished product! And omygosh yes. That candy is so good... Mmmm... :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg zines <3 nahyeon u da bomb

    ReplyDelete