Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's weird no one really mentions that it's okay to be introverted


In all honestly I hardly talk to these guys in real life. But they're really cool.

[EDIT] Okay so I felt mildly happy and super panicked earlier this morning and did not have enough time to write this up.

This refreshing comment - the acceptance of being introverted as something that is not a hindrance - is such a rare thing to see. In our current world we are expected to be interesting, we have to say things that is worth the other person's time because naturally, we like to be entertained. I dunno, in a way it's kinda messed up because if you are shy or awkward or like to keep your thoughts to yourself a lot of the time it gives off the impression that you are less.

I guess I feel this more at uni, particularly because when I do my little small talk routine naturally I don't get much of a response, but if I tell them that I jammed hard to Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus last night (it is mildly controversial for me okay) might be a little forward and might feel a little uncomfortable sharing (idk I'm hypersensitive) and all the pools of gossip that is talked about is something crazy and loud.

I guess I just dislike this insecurity that erupts when the notion of being introverted makes someone feel like they're worth less, or will achieve less or that there's something wrong with them. That's fucked up and way too prominent.

Anyway a lot of what I have to say about the matter is largely influenced by this: (which I have so much love for)

No comments:

Post a Comment