Friday, June 21, 2013

Self Portraiture Without My Face





Sometimes I think that other things instead of a perfect selfie are better representations of a person. In my opinion, the things that are imperfect or different make up the essence of a person, their scars, their pimples and blackheads, goosebumps, protruding ribs, their unshaven hair, collarbones and their moles. In this case, I decided to do some self portraiture without including an entire limb, the intimate super close ups that are usually only recognized by the person themselves or a significant other. It also helps that I haven't really been taking care of myself during exam time, and I guess I feel you can see someone's true colours when they are pushed to their limits.

Strangely enough though, I feel like this is the most vulnerable and raw photos of myself that I have ever taken even though most of them are a tiny patch of skin.

Also the natural light was too damn good to pass up and caught every contour beautifully.

Now I'm going to go ride my bike and read books in strange parts of town - stay lovely, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment